Monday, June 6, 2016

Sloooow Summer Morning

Around this time of year the donkeys can get into a mode where they just do not want to get out of bed.  I go down around 5:30 am, open all the gates to the pasture, and the three donks just stare at me from their stall.  This morning was an extreme case.  Sebastian was sitting down, so I knelt down and just rubbed on him a bit. Then Rosie came over and rested her chin on my shoulder.  We hung out like this for a few minutes, and I reflected on how lucky I was to have this wonderful farm with such great animals.  I went inside to eat my breakfast, but they did not rouse themselves to go eat anything for another 30-40 minutes.


Rooster drama.  Rodrigo has been beating up on Woodstock.  They can be so cruel.  Two months ago it was the other way around, but Woodstock injured his leg and now Rodgrigo is just going to town on him.  It's really awful to watch sometimes.


We had a 1/4" downpour last night as part of a very quick squall.  Now the wheat in the garden is really laying down!  I hope some of it stands back up.  


The popcorn and Roy's Calais flint corn is coming up nicely.

Rosie can hang her tongue out for what seems like hours.  I take it as a sign of extreme contentment.





No comments:

Post a Comment