- Finish composting east radish strip
- Work in and spread compost with spike tooth drag
- Plow oats and peas for early greens and vegetables
- Move winter spinach to safe ground so I can plow up old vegetables (spread compost prior). Plant to buckwheat, then bare fallow, then oats/peas
- Frost seed winter wheat with clover
- Plant radish strip to naked oats, barley, and spring wheat, with underseeded clover. This will be a few rows each, basically test plots
- later vegetables and cucurbits to go in lower West strip (oats, peas, radishes). Compost, plow, and either buckwheat or bare fallow
- Move pasture gate to the North and rabbit fence the entire field (TOP PRIORITY!)
- Corn can go in East winter rye strip???
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy, or so I've heard. Well, as I wait in late February for this deep freeze to end, here is the best I can come up with for Garden 2015:
Monday, February 23, 2015
I'm Planted the first flat of the season yesterday, using compost mixed with perlite. Kale, broccoli, lettuce and spring onions. Completely unlabeled as per SOP here.