Sunday, April 17, 2016

Pears and Raspberries

Margaret took me to Jung's when I visited Madison today and got me some early, awesome, Christmas presents!  Two pear trees, a cherry tree, and two types of raspberries.  I planted the trees in my old kitchen garden near the house.  This spot is not working out as a garden, but for trees it has 100% sunshine and it's already fenced in and the ground mulched.  So it's a real good spot.


The raspberries were mostly planted in the area of the burn pile in the big garden.  This soil was not really prepared but has minimal grasses and I think it will work out well.  I had straw mulch on the field that had to come off so after planting I dumped all that straw on top.  The soil her stays pretty wet and I think it will be good raspberry soil.  We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment