Thursday, August 18, 2016

Debearder

With the addition of my homemade debearder, my wheat cleaning setup is now officially the most complicated thing on the farm.  But it works!  I'm actually making the cleanest wheat yet with this arrangement.











Not shown here is the dust collection hood I added after the first run.  I built a wooden shroud over the discharge and ran it outside to a dust control blower.  This really helped pull a lot of dust off the grain and make the final product even cleaner.  For my product, at least, I don't think the debearder should be run without the dust collector.




No comments:

Post a Comment