April 23-25 presented a small window for planting. The hy. 38 field would not be ready on its own, but with some extra help I might just get the wheat planted before rain resumes on the 26th.
This bean field only needed some digging and dragging to prepare a seed bed. To hurry the drying along, I dug it very rough on the first pass and let it sit in the sun. This broke open the crust and let the moisture evaporate.
|On April 24 I drilled in 2 acres of Marquis. After counting and calculating it came out to 187 pounds/acre. I was aiming for 150, so this was a little rich.|
|I used the 330 for drilling and a final drag of the field. The drag I used was very stiff and it was hard to make it work well. The 330, with it's new thermostat and temperature gauge, ran amazingly!|